Abbey Meadows

Abbey Meadows

Sunday 27 July 2008

Busy weekend





































As the children are now on their summer holidays it means wherever I decide to go they have to come with me on my days off. On friday we went to Druridge bay country park. I have posted pics of Autumn gentian; one of my favourite duneland plants, Angelica, a mystery puffball type fungi growing on a pine stump and Soapwort.








On saturday I went on a bike ride along the wansbeck valley. Fifteen miles altogether from Morpeth to Gubeon, Shilvington, a refreshment stop at wor Een's hoose at Walton, Meldon, Molesdon, Mitford and back to Morpeth. Wildlife was good but out of photographic range by the time I disembarked from my bike with 5 Buzzards at Gubeon, Little owl at nearby Cock hill, a perfect fresh Comma at Molesdon and hundreds of Meadow browns, Ringlets and Small skippers everywhere. Above are the bairns having a rest at Molesdon, Giant bellflower and Red cracked bolete which was red a few days ago but it had paled by yesterday; still an attractive fungi though.

No comments: