Abbey Meadows

Abbey Meadows

Monday 13 April 2015

Scotch Gill woods


Yellow star of Bethlehem (Gagea lutea)


Butterbur (Petasites hybridus)




Great Woodrush (Luzula sylvatica)


Native Spurge-Laurel (Daphne laureola)


Track of the day...Scotch Gill woods

After yesterdays rain I had a walk through Scotch Gill woods to look at the Yellow star of Bethlehem. I have left it a bit late this year and the flowering plants are just about over with only eight visible flowers but dozens of none flowering plants. A fair few woodland plants in flower as you'd expect in woodland like this at this time of year. Pleasant walk; on the river 2 Goosander drakes were fighting and I'm presuming a male has joined the resident pair at Lowford bridge. Nice Dipper and Grey Wagtail here but no sightings of Kingfisher in the Morpeth area for a couple of months now. I like JWR's track of the day on his blog Rutter's Way and I promised JWR I would put on a few tracks of my own from my rambles from time to time.

No comments: