Abbey Meadows

Abbey Meadows

Saturday 17 October 2015

Recent sightings








On Wednesday evening I saw my first Otter on the River Wansbeck at Morpeth. I have seen them in Scotland and Druridge Bay and heard of plenty sightings on the river. The lights from the promenade made it easy to watch as it dived and swam downstream. Recent visits to Stobswood have found very little plants in flower. The Fuchsias are one of a handful of plants in flower now. Other plants are numerous like Blue Fleabane and Weld and there are many Shaggy Inkcaps around. I have noticed small flocks of Crossbills in Pines around the old brickworks and 6 flew West over my garden here in Morpeth. Back at Stobswood hundreds of Pink footed Geese are frequenting the open areas of the former opencast behind East Stobswood. On Thursday evening two Beautiful Plume Moths were on the kitchen window; one inside on the blind and the other on the outside.   



No comments: