Abbey Meadows

Abbey Meadows

Wednesday 14 December 2016

Sunday's Marsh Harrier


Not much blog activity lately and when there is I'm usually a few days late. On Sunday a Marsh Harrier was flying low over the rough grass next to the new by pass road still under construction before flying over the A1 towards Pigdon. Not a common sight in winter but there has been a wintering Marsh Harrier in the Chevington area over the past year or so. Good to see and close views as well. A very large and dark bird. I've been at work since so not sure if it still hanging around. A couple of Buzzards around here and a lot of Redwings and Blackbirds on the Hawthorns around the Fairmoor houses. Sorry about the poor sketch but I'm sure you get a rough idea of what I saw. 

5 comments:

Stewart said...

Good to see notes on the blog Nigel, keep them coming...

JWR said...

sketch says it all Nigel, nothing poor about it

abbey meadows said...

Thanks...I take notes each time I'm out but the sketches are more occasional. I'v a rough sketch of the Chevington burn Shorelarks which I'll upload when I get round to it.

JWR said...

great to see sketches, and notes as Stewart says.. wish I could sketch a little, I'm like a cow with a gun with a pencil in my hand

abbey meadows said...

Thanks John but you should see some of the ones I don't upload to the blog!