Abbey Meadows

Abbey Meadows

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Morpeth and Harwood



I haven't had much to photograph recently except the Winter Aconites growing in St James' churchyard in the town centre. On Sunday morning I had a walk around Harwood forest for an hour and a half. Very cold but lots of Crossbills, Siskins and huge numbers of Coal Tits. I had a chat with Brian (Northumbrian birding) at the gibbet and after a short while a Goshawk came into view over the forest. Just as I was leaving the bird or another individual flew over the road at Harwood head and flew fairly low over Ottercops moss.

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Great photos of the winter aconites - I especially love the first one.

abbey meadows said...

Thanks
Although planted they are hard to find away from gardens around here.