Abbey Meadows

Abbey Meadows

Thursday 10 April 2008

An Osprey ower the hoose!

Thursday 10th April 2008
I have done it again. For the second time in two weeks I have dipped another great garden tick. First of all a White Stork flew over, alright I was at work at the time but on tuesday when an Osprey flew over I was in the bathroom tiling thinking the foul weather wouldn't produce anything, so I decided to catch up with a few diy jobs.....big mistake. Never mind at my last address I had a Pallid Swift which was feeding over the gardens. Just as well Boulmerbirder was there to witness it or nobody would have believed me. After a few years thinking our microwave would blow up at any time, today it finally gave up the ghost. Taking it to the tip on the other side of town I had a window of about half an hour to check the nearby pools ahead of some dark ominous looking clouds. At Bothal pond four Black tailed Godwits graced the western shore while at longhirst flash the largest flock of Gulls I have seen here away from Linton pond contained a Glaucous Gull sitting among some Great black backs and a Little Gull feeding in the field with some Black headeds. then the heavens opened. I would have to check my notes but I believe this is the only Little Gull I have seen away from the coastal pools.

1 comment:

Stewart said...

I'm not too sure Nige I think the only ones I've had out of coast sight were only at WW lane. Its definately an unusual record.