Abbey Meadows

Abbey Meadows

Saturday 14 November 2009

East Chevington and Mitford

The Wansbeck at Mitford

On Wednesday I called in at Widdrington tip on my way to East Chevington. Only 4 Common Snipe today and 1 Woodcock in the Alders. 2 Stoats were chasing and jumping on each other along the track and 3 Roe Deer were in the plantation opposite. Still plenty of Chaffinches and Skylarks around, a single Buzzard, 22 Linnets and my first species on the new pond...Moorhen.

At East Chevington there were hundreds of Great black backed gulls but little else of note except a Water rail and Kingfisher at the mouth. Bennyboy flushed a Woodcock out of the dunes.

I was at Mitford castle on Thursday, I flushed 2 Woodcock out of the woods here when looking for fungi and there was a Dipper on the river here. Quiet otherwise on the bird front but I will post some of my fungi pics when I get some time.

No comments: