Abbey Meadows

Abbey Meadows

Monday 6 September 2010

Moray Firth




Dolphin twitch at Portrose


Chanterelle at Carrbridge




Vapourer at Carrbridge


Bennyboy on Nairn beach in the early hours




Spent last week at Nairn on the Moray Firth. We were very fortunate with the weather as we had a sunny and warm week. I didn't target any particular species or sites but just happy to see what I encountered as I walked about. I picked up a few new plants but the fungi was good especially around Carrbridge where I saw my first Chanterelles...troops of them and huge numbers of Boletus species. The birding highlights were Snow Buntings on top of Cairngorm, Red throated Diver and Slavonian Grebe both with young and Red Kites on the Black isle. We watched Dolphins from Portrose just yards from the beach.

1 comment:

Emma Anderson said...

Lovely place for a holiday. At least you saw the dolphins, more than I did when I went to the Black Isle last autumn. I also had great view of Red Kites of the Black Isle some years ago. I stayed in Carrbridge, also some years ago, and you picture of the bridge brought back many happy memories.