Abbey Meadows

Abbey Meadows

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Morpeth Fungi


Aniseed Mushroom


Tawny Funnel


Shaggy Parasol


Ananita sp


Ganoderma sp

A bit of a fungi posting today. I'm a bit frustrated with the weather as I'm not off work til Saturday and I don't have enough time to look along the coast. Last weekend was spent picking pounds of Blackberries and Crab Apples as it is the jelly making season. Around Morpeth I have seen Dipper on the stepping stones, a Buzzard flying low over Curley kews and a Redwing in the high Hawthorns today along the Abbey path. Two species above I cannot positively id are the Amanita sp as I'm wodering if it is Amanita porphyria (Grey Veiled Amanita) and the Ganoderma sp, it could be Southern Bracket. All the pics were taken in woodland on the edge of Morpeth.

No comments: