Abbey Meadows

Abbey Meadows

Monday 8 April 2013

Garden Moth Scheme





I signed up to do the Garden Moth Scheme (GMS) this year but my first five attempts trapping in my Morpeth garden drew a blank due to the winter weather. It was cold this morning with a snow shower while I was emptying the trap. I was pleased to see a few moths, the above are Early Grey 2 (different ground colours), Hebrew Character and a Common Quaker. My next session will be Friday evening. I'm quite new to this game so please comment if my identification is wrong.

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

So glad to see you've started mothing and look forward to seeing what you catch :)

I've been trapping for a few years but still make howlers :)

Luckily fellow bloggers often come to my rescue - Stewart and Dean spring to mind :)

Hampshire moths Flying tonight is a good website - I know its a different part of the country but I find it very useful.

abbey meadows said...

Thanks, I think I will get plenty of support with fellow bloggers and some useful websites