Abbey Meadows

Abbey Meadows

Wednesday 21 April 2010

Runaround




Back at Cresswell after work yesterday evening and the Black headed Wagtail is still giving some local birders the runaround including myself. A clearer day but just as cold standing on the causeway for a couple of hours. A bit of a wagtail fest with Pied, 3 White, 8 Yellow and a Blue headed (I loathe to call it a Channel) but not the one I was looking for. Just before dusk a nice flock of Black tailed godwits flew in but the cold was getting to us by then and all the birders there came up with different numbers but I think there were 19! I'll use my shivering hands for an excuse for quality of the above pics for the Blue headed. Nice to catch up with some birders that I rarely see these days. I enjoyed the crack with Richard Dunn and Alan Hall.

No comments: